23 December 2007

Holiday cheer and all that jazz

I'm lying on my belly typing on my laptop which makes for some very interesting typos. Also my arm is falling asleep. The rest of me should be asleep soon if I ever do the bright thing tonight and go to bed.

Okies, put the laptop on my lap for maybe the third time since I bought the thing a year ago. It's cold in this room. Probably because it's in the basement. Ooh, I just spotted a space heater. I will mos def crank that baby up in just a bit.

So, yeah. Kentucky. A couple years ago, Hot Topic had this series of State-related t-shirts. The one for Kentucky had an outline of the State with the words "KY -- Slide Right In." I thought it was the funniest thing ever. I was sorely tempted to buy it for my cousin that Christmas, but I didn't know her size or (more importantly) whether she'd ever actually wear it. I most certainly would have been embarrassed to have her open that in front of the rest of the family. Hahaha. I should tell her this story tomorrow. I wonder if she'll appreciate the humour in it the way I do.

I've explained about my graduation and impending job search at least four times already today. I predict that before the holiday weekend is over, I will have had to discuss this horribly boring topic at least twenty-five times. Urgh. I hate talking about it when I'm not really all that excited about it. Certainly not as excited as everyone expects me to be. I guess I don't appreciate the accomplishment involved the way an outsider does. I'm too close to the matter to have clear perspective. Or maybe it really doesn't matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

We played this awesome game called Hoopla. I believe it's by the makers of Cranium. Totally fun. Tomorrow shall be full of game-playing, I'm certain. I am also certain that my leg is going to fall asleep if I continue to rest my laptop in my lap like this.

Bedtime for me then, I guess.

No comments: