27 February 2008

pocket fuzz




I should put some make-up on. I'm going out tonight. To church, that is. Yeah, I've started going again. Okay, I didn't this past Sunday, but whatever. Tonight Jenni and I are going to the evening prayers followed by catechumen/inquirers class. Firefox doesn't think 'catechumen' is a word. *adds to the dictionary* Hahaha. I wrote Firefox, but I'm actually using Flock. I haven't used Firefox in months now. Hmmm.

I'm listening to an Ella Fitzgerald album I got well over a year ago. Fabulous. I've never listened to her before and now I regret it. I've missed some amazing music here and now I have to catch up.

Brats for dinner tonight. Yay, but not really. Haha. Speaking of dinner, I'm getting hungry now. Already? Yes.

There isn't much point to this post at all except that I wanted something less maudlin than the past two entries. I've been meaning to write a blog on NIU. I even have notes, but writing is effort when it's not just rambling like this, so I haven't gotten around to it. If I only had a machine to read my brain while I'm at work, then It'd be done, because that's when I wrote the NIU blog. I just didn't have anywhere to write it down at that moment other than a vague outline on some scrap paper and I haven't even bothered to do it justice. Perhaps tomorrow.

Do you know I still haven't updated my cover letter? I found it, by the way. I know exactly where it is, but I haven't bothered to look at it or work on it. My goal is to do that this week and actually apply for at least one job by the end of the week. This is an easy enough goal to accomplish. I have several positions bookmarked on del.icio.us and all I need is that blasted cover letter and I'm good. I'm such a lazy sod. I know there's a strong part of me that doesn't really want to bother with looking for a job right now because Daddy starts a series of kidney stone surgeries (that word doesn't look like it's spelled right, but Flock says otherwise) at the end of March. I feel that I ought to be around for that. But that's partly a cop-out. The other reason I don't bother with applying for jobs is fear: I don't think I'll really be offered anything; I haven't really found any position that strikes my fancy; I don't feel properly qualified for what positions are available; I don't want to move away from everyone I care about and have to start anew all on my own.

Okay. Enough. This Bill Haley album isn't nearly as fab as the Ella Fitzgerald one.

No comments: