16 February 2009

Burn

This is Day 4 in the new apartment. I'm getting more and more used to it. There's so much work to do, much of which I haven't even begun. As my mom reminded me yesterday, it doesn't have to be perfect at the end of the week. There's no rush. I think there was a part of me that really felt I needed to get everything cleaned and put where it belongs by the time I trek home to the Vegas on Friday. Now, I keep reminding myself of what Mom said so that I can justify spending an inordinate amount of time organising my CDs (don't ask) and an semi-ordinate (is that a word?) amount of time watching The X-Files.

Speaking of which, demonbaby recently posted a picture of his Flukeman shirt on Twitpic and it reminded me of how I hate that episode. Through 9 good, mediocre, scary, funny, conspiracy-laden seasons of this show and only one episode really and truly bothers me. It gives me the willies. I've started it three times, but only finished it once. This makes me wonder whether I'll be able to/want to finish it once I get around to it in the near future. I know it's from the first or second season, so it won't be too long: I just finished the first disc of the first season today.

I'm sitting on my bed using stolen internet with a rather low reception. I get better reception in the living room, but that's not where I'm sitting right now. It's all the way down the hall. Hahaha. I should probably go out of the house at least once today. We've reached a startling high of 37 degrees today, thought it's only 34 right now. Meh. I still have a Starbucks gift card I could use, but I don't really see the point. If I cleaned the coffee maker, I could make my own (which would taste nothing like Starbuck's as it's not espresso, but that's beside the point).

I was listening to John Cleese's podcast earlier. Funny stuff. I have nothing else to ramble on about, really, I just keep typing because I like the sound of the keys clicking.

No comments: