26 February 2009

If I Am

If I had any sense I would take out my contacts and put my glasses on. I would also eat dinner. I don't know why I'm not hungry yet. True, I ate some candy when I got home from work, but even that was some time ago. Hmmm. Maybe I'll just have a bowl of Cream of Wheat. How exciting!

This is a lonely place. I met some librarians from other facilities within our system this morning. We discussed adult programming. I'm still intimidated by the prospect but less so than I was before this morning's meeting. I have some contact info now, so that I can pick the brains of a few of these folks. Truthfully, more than advice on programming, I'd like to strike up a friendship with these people. I need more peers. We'll see what happens.

I'm thinking of starting a journal all about my work and experiences here at my new job. It could serve some purpose in the future. Or maybe not. It would keep my fingers and brain busy at the very least, and really, what more could I ask for?

OK, I really need to deal with this dry contacts situation. Thus ends today's blog.

No comments: