06 February 2009

The Shoop Shoop Song

I am so completely overwhelmed by everything right now. People keep asking me if I'm excited or eager about this new job. No, I'm not. I don't think I'm going to like it. I'm sure I can do it, yeah, but it doesn't seem like a job or place I'll enjoy. I took the job because I need it, not because I want it. So, no, I'm not excited. I'm weary. I'm resigned. I'm only excited about the apartment, but at this point, being in the middle of moving and having so much work to do, I'm not so keen on it anymore either. I'm done. Can I go back and say no? I just want to sleep for forty years. Can I be Rip Van Winkle? Can I get conked on the head or something and wake up in an alternate universe? Maybe Discworld? I'd die in a half a second on the streets of Ankh-Morpork, it's true, but even that seems a welcome alternative to my current reality.

No comments: