21 June 2009

Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

I'm home visiting the parentals this weekend. I've spent most of today reading a book for Tuesday's book club; I'm leading the discussion and I haven't finished the book yet. Whoops. Yesterday I spent time with Erin and then had dinner with her, Jenni, Amanda and Josh. Good times. Erin wants to go see Aerosmith and ZZ Top in Indy this summer. Definitely tempting, that one, even though we would only be able to afford lawn tickets. Maybe Jenni can sneak in her telephoto lens and still get decent pictures from back there.

It was so hot in this house earlier that I was nauseated. The A/C is on now, so I'm okay. Getting hungry, in fact, though dinner won't be ready for nearly two hours. Oh well.

I drove down here in a huge lightning storm. They had tornadoes in Westville, Daddy told me today. It wasn't that windy or even that rainy, but damn were there a lot of lightning strikes. Sure, the closest strikes were about a mile or two away, which is far away--but it looks damn close. It made for a slightly tense drive south. To tell the truth though, I kinda wished I'd seen strikes a bit closer. How awesome would it have been to see a tree explode with lightning in a field adjacent to the road? I guess I can't have everything.

No comments: