05 April 2011

Doctor Who

Last night I watched the first half of the "Sensorites" episodes of Doctor Who. This is the first Doctor, William Hartnell. I mentioned this on Twitter and we got into a conversation about how there's a ton to work my way through if I continue to go in order like this. It may be years before I catch up with the current episodes. For this reason, one of my friends found the whole thing too intimidating. I suspect that if someone merely started with the new series (though this started several yeas ago, so it's no small feat either), they'd be okay in terms of understanding the canon. Love was also expressed for the Daleks and their reliably one-track mind. EXTERMINATE! Gotta love it.

Anyhooe, back to the episodes I was watching last night. Like the rest of these early episodes, the sets (aside from the TARDIS) seem to be made of cardboard. I love it. Sometimes the episodes are total crap, sometimes they're pretty good. They run the whole gamut, really. There are time when I think that the real reason I stick with it and watch these is just to hear the theme song at the beginning and end of every episode. Best theme song ever. Truth.

No comments: